Last Update Date: August 23, 2021
At McKesson Corporation (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that healthcare providers and patients place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs users of the My Care Plus application about how McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this application, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this application or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the My Care Plus application (https://www.ontada.com/Providers-Solutions/My-Care-Plus/). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites and applications that you visit and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this application, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Date of birth
- Medical history, medical images, drugs, therapies, medical products, or equipment used
- User ID and/or employee number as assigned by an employer
- User ID and password
- IP address, geo-location/GPS information, user’s browser type, user’s operating system device/user activity, device identification number/serial number
- Any health information provided by the patient in free text format
- Information about you from and combine it with information we already have about you
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about users of this application. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location for and troubleshoot where McKesson services failure occurred for the user with My Care Plus. Your browser or other device may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
These tracking technologies are used to:
- analyze trends
- activate user’s network services and connect to their product’s services or other data source
- perform diagnostic services such as error reporting in order
- improve the application functionality
- perform data analysis and audits
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ''Do Not Track'' feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Customer and troubleshooting support
How We Share Personal Information Collected
McKesson does not sell personal information about you to third parties. McKesson may need to share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through the application will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may contact us to correct, update, amend or request deletion of your personal information through your account representative or through the email or mailing address listed in the Contact Information section below.
Where permitted in our legitimate interest, or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access to Personal Information
Some McKesson applications allow you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by contacting your account representative or at https://www.mycareplusonline.com/contact-form.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (''HIPAA'')
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
Health Information transmitted through this service is controlled and maintained by your Institution. The service does not store health information on your device.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA covered entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided to you or made available to you.
This application is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through the application.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products, or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, My Care Plus)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329